First climbing experience

May 9, 2011

I had absolutely no experience on climbing. I always wanted to try, but in the indoor climbing wall. I never had the intention of climbing in the real mountain wall until yesterday Pascual brought me to ¨Gama¨ mountain in Aguilar de Campoo, Palencia. I was so scared at the beginning especially to go down, although I knew it was completely save. It was easier for me to go up, but I used my knees a lot to climb up which is not the right thing to do. The last picture explains why I should not do that.

No tenía absolutamente ninguna experiencia en escalar. Siempre quise tratar de hacerlo pero en la pared de escalada. Nunca tuve la intención de subir de la pared de la montaña de verdad hasta ayer Pascual me trajo a la montaña de "Gama" en Aguilar de Campoo, Palencia. Tenía tanto miedo al principio sobre todo para bajar, aunque sabía que era completamente seguro. Para mi era más fácil subir, pero utilizaba mucho mis rodillas, que no el lo correcto. La última foto explica por qué no debería hacer eso.
These walls are the place to learn how to climb. There are six routes. Three of them are easy (I did these 3 routes). You see in the picture below that even children can do one of the routes.
Estas paredes son el lugar para aprender a escalar. Este muro tiene seis vías. Tres de ellas son fáciles (hice esas tres vías). Como ves en la foto de abajo que incluso un ninó puede hacer una de las vías.
Here you can see two person were climbing two different routes. Those are the difficult ones.
Aquí puedes ver dos personas subían dos vías distintas. Esas son las más díficiles.
Definitely I should improve my climbing technique.  Definitivamente debo mejorar mi técnica de escalada.

2 comments:

laura tj said...

it looks tough!! i went for a climb too, but a much easier one.. sydney harbour bridge! hahaha..

Morenica said...

I didn't know that you could climb it. I should give a try if I visit Sydney :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...